This 8-day tour will give you intensive insight into the layered culture and lifestyle that locals experience every day in Vietnam.
Stroll through the colourful and peaceful streets of Hanoi in the North, and enjoy the pulsating energy of Ho Chi Minh city in the South. A true highlight of this tour involves the exploration of the world-renowned heritage site, Halong Bay.
Aboard a ship, you will be dazzled by the sparking emeraldgreen water, towering limestone islands, and mysterious caves which come in all shapes and sizes – truly a playground for pioneers at heart.
As flight times, hotels, logistical services and days of travel can be subject to availability and modifications beyond our control, if cancellations or delays should occur, we will make a conscientious effort to secure alternative arrangements of similar value to those in our booking agreement.
Hanoi(1N) – Halong Bay(1N) - Hanoi(2N) – Saigon(2N)
- Stroll around the tranquil capital of Vietnam, Hanoi city.
- Overnight cruise in Halong Bay, a UNESCO Heritage Site.
- Discover the Saigon city’s highlights including Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office, War Remnant Museum and Ben Thanh market.
- Experience the 250-km underground tunnels of Cu Chi, the home to guerrilla warfare in the past.
Depart for Hanoi. On arrival, you will be greeted and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
Meal: In-flight Meal.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Today, you will take a 3.5-hour transfer by bus from Hanoi to Halong Bay, “a spectacular seascape sculpted by nature” by UNESCO due to its breathtaking caves and limestone pillars sitting on the water. Upon arrival, you will board a ship to explore the stunning scenery with a myriad of mysterious caves of all shapes and sizes.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: Overnight on Cruise.
Awake early and join a Tai Chi session on the top deck or simply relax and enjoy the sunrise over the bay’s towering islands. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee or tea before exploring nearby islands by rowboat. Return to the junk and admire the amazing rock formations of Halong Bay from the sundeck. Your driver will meet you at the Halong jetty then we drive back to Hanoi.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Witness the vastness, the beauty and all limestone formations of World Nature Wonder – Halong Bay from the air in 25 minutes.
This morning, you will take a half day Hanoi City Tour to Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (a monumental edifice built to commemorate the Vietnamese Revolutionary leader), One Pillar Pagoda (one of Vietnam’s two most iconic temples), Temple of Literature (known as the first university of Vietnam) and Tran Quoc Pagoda (one of the oldest pagodas in Vietnam).
In the afternoon, you are free at leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Take a flight to Saigon this morning. On arrival, head to Cu Chi Tunnels, a byzantine maze of underground passages, chambers and booby traps used by both the Viet Minh and the Viet Cong during Vietnam-US war. The tunnel system had become legendary during the 1960s as a strategic military base and underground community life. Late afternoon, check in your hotel and enjoy the evening at your leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon.
Explore Saigon at your own pace.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon.
Embark on a cruise to Ben Tre river and visit brickwork, coconut processing workshop, a local village making sleep mattresses. Continue taking a motor cart (xe lôi) or cycling through the green rice fields and vegetable plains. Lunch is served at the restaurant riverside. In the afternoon, sail through water palm creek by rowboat and get back to Hung Vuong Pier for departing to Saigon.
In the morning, visit famous attractions of Ho Chi Minh City such as Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office, War Remnant Museum and dive into the colourful Ben Thanh market, one of Ho Chi Minh’s liveliest areas. Later, prepare for a flight back home.
Arrive home today.
Meal: In-flight Meals.
- International and domestic flights.
- Accommodation and meals in the itinerary.
- All local boat rentals and cycling as mentioned in the program.
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the program.
- Water bottles during tours.
- Transportation by air-conditioning vehicles.
- Local English-speaking tour guides.
- Meals and drinks are not mentioned in the program
- Visa fees
- Tipping for driver and tour guide & personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Trip delay or interruption by airline schedule change
- Extra cost or missing tour caused by flight delay or cancel
- Any service not clearly mentioned in the program
*Actual accommodation may vary due to availability. However, equivalent quality is guaranteed.
Dates & Prices
* indicates Lowest Price for that region
Deposit & Payments
- Secure your package with a deposit of $500 per person.
- Pay a 2nd installment of $399 per person within 30 days after deposit.
- You will then be invoiced for final payment 90 days prior to departure.
Step 1: Customer selects one of our ready-made tour packages along with your preferred travel date based on the availability calendar.
Noted: In case you request a free quote for your planned vacation, simply fill in this Customize Request Form: https://www.asiavacationgroup.com.au/customize/
Step 2: Complete the Booking Form
Step 3: One of our Reservation team will contact you within 12 hours to confirm your booking request.
Please note that customers must book at least 90 days prior to departure to ensure your desired travel date and time.
How to extend your stay
If you wish to do so, please follow these steps:
- Follow the “Book Now” prompts, until you reach the “Anything else we need to know?” field
- Here, please specify your preferred flight arrangements and if you require additional accommodation, with the number of nights needed.
- After finalizing your purchase and submitting your booking form, a member of our Reservation team will be in contact with you via email to verify your request.
Please note, a supplement of AU$200 per person (plus any applicable fare and tax differences) applies to deviate from the standard itinerary. We will contact you via email with a quote and proposed flight itinerary, and then proceed with collecting the additional payment required to confirm your request.
The additional cost for these land arrangements will be added to your final payment invoice, due 90 days prior to departure, and is strictly subject to availability.
A friendly reminder that tipping is not included in your package. Please be advised that tipping for tour guides, drivers and bellmen are required and will be collected by your travel consultant 7 days before you depart. A gratuity of 10AUD per person/day can make a big difference to locals employed in the tourism industry as they have done an impeccable job to serve you through your holiday.
The accommodation listed is subject to change. Any changes will be of an equal or higher standard. Bedding configurations (double or twin) are requests only. All efforts will be made to meet your preferences however any changes are beyond our control.
Single supplement will be updated.
Paired Solo Traveller
Group size: 6-30 pax
Upon your request except for cruises
Travel insurance is required to protect yourself against the unexpected.
We have partnered with SureSave to offer you competitive rates for your travel insurance. You can book comprehensive or budget cover simply to arrange your policy.
Visa & Passport information
It is the traveler’s responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the intended date of return and must have more than 2 blank pages.
Australian passport holder is required to have a visa for travel to Vietnam. The visa is easiest to complete with Asia Vacation group and just need to pay AUD160 for Vietnam visa single entry.
Once approved, please ensure that you travel with the following documentation as they are required to present to customs upon arrival into the country.
Please note that these details are subject to change without notice. We recommend visiting https://smartraveller.gov.au for up to date information in terms of entry requirements.
For Cambodia, you will obtain your visa when crossing the border from Vietnam to Cambodia. The cost of the Cambodian Visa is USD$25 per person.
Final documentation, including e-tickets and hotel details, will be provided approximately 30 days prior to travel.
Children must be 2 years old or over and share a room with parents at all times. Children are the same price as adults.
The total length of the tour in days includes time spent in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule, please refer to the day by day itinerary for the time spent on land.
Asia Vacation Group shall not deliver a refund for any delay or change in program or expenses incurred or injury and damage due to airlines, accident, breakdown of transport and sickness.
In some cases, your chosen extra tours may be canceled by Asia Vacation Group due to force majeure you may choose to change to other alternative tour OR receive a coupon equal to the amount you paid for it. The difference in cost of the alternative tour will be paid by you or transferred to a coupon as applicable. This coupon is issued after the tour and is valid for two years. It is valid for any tour by Asia Vacation Group and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Return economy airfare with Vietnam Airlines is supplied per voucher (including 1 x 30 kg checked baggage and 7 kg hand baggage per passenger).
- Customers must send us the electrical copy of passport by scanning or taking the first page of your passport. By this way, we could secure the accuracy of your personal information to make proper reservation for you.
- The airfare is non-refundable at all times.
- Flight itineraries will be provided only 30 days prior to departure. If you book our tour packages within 30 days, your flight itinerary will be provided within 7 days.
- Airline schedule may change or cancel before the itinerary and it is beyond our control. We will try utmost to assist our customers, however, the customers are also responsible for reviewing your flight schedule prior to the departure. Moreover, you can contact your Travel Insurance provider to check whether you are covered by your policy.
Arriving early/Extending your trip: From $200 per person is applied for trip extension or early arrivals (subject to availability and applicable fare difference). If you wish to extend your trip, please note in your Booking Form then we will provide quotations for you. The fee above is just administrative only, no service included.
Showing 3 of 6 Tours